The Sundance New Frontier 2022 selection of 15 immersive stories is available starting today until January 30th, and I had a chance to speak with chief curator Shari Frilot an overview of this year’s selection. Access to New Frontier Spaceship and Gallery is $50 with the Explorer Pass, which also provides access to the shorts and episodic content at the festival.
I’ve also had a chance to see the majority of these pieces through the press preview on Tuesday, and I leave some of my first impressions at the end of the podcast as well — as well as in a Twitter thread linked below. There’s some really strong pieces that I’ll exploring and unpacking in a series of in-depth podcast interviews with the lead directors and creators. I’ve listed links to projects below, as well as when their Artist Spotlight discussions with the creators will be happening.
- This Is Not A Ceremony – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 21 12:00PM PST
- Atua – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 21 3:00PM PST
- The Inside World – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 22 11:00AM PST
- On The Morning You Wake (To The End Of The World) – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 22 6:00PM PST
- Child Of Empire – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 23 11:00AM PST
- Suga’ – A Live Virtual Dance Performance – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 24 6:00PM PST
- The State Of Global Peace – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 25 5:00PM PST
- They Dream In My Bones – Insemnopedy II – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 26 11:00AM PST
- Diagnosia – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 26 1:00PM PST
- Gondwana Vr – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 26 7:00PM PST
- Seven Grams – Artist Spotlight on Jan 27 1p PST
- Surrogate – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 27 6:00PM PST
- 32 Sounds – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 27 8:00PM PST
- Flat Earth Vr – Artist Spotlight on Jan. 28 11:00AM PST
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE OF THE VOICES OF VR PODCAST
This is a listener-supported podcast through the Voices of VR Patreon.