The ONX + DocLab MoCap Stage at IDFA DocLab 2022 featured a number of experimental XR performances using a high-end OptiTrack – Motion Capture System within a theatrical stage with a screen that was projecting the virtual representations. Each of these projects are exploring how to blend aspects of the virtual and physical in the context of a live performance. I had a chance to get the backstory and more details on all of the featured projects from Matthew Niederhauser and John Fitzgerald, who are both from Sensorium & ONX Studio.
Here are all of the projects that were featured at the ONX + DocLab MoCap Stage at IDFA DocLab 2022:
- ONX + DocLab MoCap Stage: Maquette
- ONX + DocLab MoCap Stage: Once a Glacier — Voices of VR #1154
- ONX + DocLab MoCap Stage: Realtime — Voices of VR #1163
- ONX + DocLab MoCap Stage: Bag of Worms — Voices of VR #1164
- ONX + DocLab Mocap Stage: Dance Looper
- ONX + DocLab MoCap Stage: Choreographic Interfaces Past & Future
- Industry Talk: Capturing reality in motion — Voices of VR #1162
This is a listener-supported podcast through the Voices of VR Patreon.