Justin Moravetz of Zero Transform is a developer based out of Bend, OR and he’s been developing virtual reality experiences for all of the VR HMDS rangin from Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift, Valve’s HTC Vive & Sony Morpheus. Some of those experiences include Proton Pulse and Vanguard V.
Justin visited the Portland Virtual Reality Meetup and participated in this facilitated discussion last week just a day before Oculus’ big E3 press conference where they announced the Oculus Touch input controller prototype.
He talks about:
- Justin’s current plans to build out a development studio.
- His experiences in developing for all of the VR HMDs
- How to get Valve’s attention by having something tangible to show them
- The advantages of untethered mobile VR
- Using external tracking solutions in combination with Gear VR
- The milestones he’s trying to hit over the next year as all of the major VR HMDs start to hit the market
Justin has a lot of great insights into VR development, and it’s worth listening to hear an overview of his perspective of the VR landscape.
Become a Patron! Support The Voices of VR Podcast Patreon
Theme music: “Fatality” by Tigoolio